Technology has made everything very simple to do. It has made our lives very simple and comfortable. If you are a vivid reader of books, then you must have listened that books can be read online. Yes! books can be read online with so much ease and that too on your own laptop or desktop computer system. While using the Amazon Kindle, you can read books of your choice online. Here in this article I am going to tell you how to use Kindle app for PC. In this article you will learn.
What is the Kindle App for PC
Kindle for PC is a freeware that let the books readers read books online without having a Kindle device. It lets you read your all Kindle titles while enjoying all the features that the original Kindle app possess. These features include like placing book marks, highlight texts or adding own notes etc. You can use Kindle for PC version on any computer system you have in your home that run Windows 7 through 10, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP, and even Windows 98.
How to Create an Amazon Account
Amazon account is a must have if you want to use Amazon Kindle for reading books. If you have one, then skip to the next heading, or continue reading to know how to create an Amazon account.
- In the very first step, visit Amazon.com website.
- On the front page of Amazon website, look at the top right corner and hover your mouse over the Account & Lists option. Remember! do not click on it yet.
- A drop-down list will open. On the very top of this list there is yellow button having written in at the words Sign in. Below it, there is Start Here option. Click on it.
- An account registration form is opened on clicking the Start Here option. Fill out this form while entering email address and creating a password for your account. Finish this process by clicking on Create your Amazon Account.
- You have done with creating your Amazon account. You are directed to the home page. Select your Accounts & Lists options now. You are now able to read and download the free books. However, to purchase books, you must buy a subscription plan.
How to Download Amazon Kindle for Windows
Follow the steps below to install download and install Amazon Kindle on your own PC. All windows versions have same procedures when you are installing Kindle on it. Lets learn how to do it on our own PC.
- In first step, visit to Kindle for PC page and download one for your PC.
- Look at the right side, where you will see add to cart option. Add the product to your cart.
- Click on check out and select your payment method to purchase the Kindle product.
- Choose and select place your order.
- On next page, select your digital item.
- Select download to download kindle for your PC.
- After download, click on the file and Kindle for PC shall automatically install on your PC.
- Now Kindle for PC should appear on your desktop or may be in Amazon folder in your apps parent folder. When you open it, it would prompted you to provide email and password.
- Enter your email address in email field and password in the password field. You have successfully logged into the Kindle for PC.
How to Read Kindle Books on Your PC
After you have logged in, you will be able to read any book that you have purchased already. Just select “All” option on from the left side menu and select cover of the book you want to read, it will be available for reading.
How to Purchase Kindle Books for Your PC
You may have just sign up to the Kindle for PC for the very first time and you have not purchased any product yet, do not worry! Just follow these steps to have your favorite book available in PC in few seconds.
- After connecting to internet, look at the top right corner of the app window and select Kindle Store.
- You have now been taken to the default Amazon website with in your browser,where you are able to browse thousands of titles.
- On the product page, you see an option saying Buy Now with 1-Click. After clicking on this option you will be able to deliver the titles of your choice to all of your devices.
How to Use the Kindle App for PC
Reading books on Kindle app for PC is as simple as you read a book while holding it in your hands. Follow these steps to be able to use Kindle app for PC without any hassle.
- Swipe left or right side of the PC screen to turn the pages. Pages can also be turned with the help of left and right arrow key on your keyboard.
- You can also adjust font of the reading. For this purpose select Aa at the top of the app window.
- Select or tap the upper right corner of the page to set a bookmark. A blue symbol will appear indicating the bookmark was successfully placed.
- To make a note, right-click anywhere on the page, or press and hold if using a tablet. Select the index card symbol in the left pane to create flashcards.
- To view your bookmarks, highlights, flashcards, and notes, select Show Notebook in the upper right corner.